Camera Collection 3.0

Today's post will complete* at least a quick look at my camera collection but not all of them. There are a few that I'm leaving for a surprise. Not for the shock of showing you something fantastic but more from needing some time to locate the missing ones in a myriad of packed up boxes in the basement.

I am also changing the format a little since I have noticed that on mobile devices it seems to leave large gaps between the cameras and text. Rather than solving the issue I have decided to ignore it for now and just post the pictures differently.

Here are the cameras!



The Samurai X3.0 is a great fully automatic half frame wonder with a power zoom lens. It looks much more like an older camcorder and handles about the same which is not a bad thing. For any who do not know what a half frame camera does think twice the pictures per roll of film 48 instead of 24, 72 instead of 36, etc. It is 35mm so the film is easy to find and provides decent pictures even with the half-sized negatives.



The Fuji Film Instax Mini 8 quickly became one of my favourites! I think it is more of a nostalgia thing than anything else but I do love the little pictures, as do both my son and daughter. Sadly the daughter seems to prefer the flavour rather than aesthetic but we can't expect too much from a two-year-old. In case you haven't seen one of these it gives you instant, self-developing may be a better term, business-sized photos.



The Desderi Robot 3. Three pictures on the same 35mm frame. No real viewfinder, no adjustments of any kind, but if you match your film to the conditions you will be shooting in it actually does a decent job for a camera that cost me $5 including shipping from China to Canada.


Just so you don't think I am totally against technology and digital cameras, here is the Ricoh Theta S. 360 degree photos and video. Editing challenging, but produces some very cool images that are fun to explore. In my mind, I wanted it mostly for travel to capture things in my photos that I may have missed by shooting in a single direction. Have yet to get a shot of a tiger sneaking up behind me but I'm sure there are things in my pictures that I may not have noticed while I was actually there.

*That is it for today, I thought I would finish the collection today but there are a few more to show you next time before we get to the fun stuff, using the cameras


.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Collection 2.0

INTRODUCTION

Cameras Finale