INTRODUCTION

Here it is. I have finally begun my photography blog. After several years of collecting cameras, multiple film purchases, purchasing some digital cameras that I just had to have, developing my own film, scanning, and purchasing more darkroom equipment than anyone without a darkroom should possibly have, the blog has begun.

How this will work is with each new post I will go through a camera and all its features, test the camera out in the field, go through some of the photos produced by the camera, for the film cameras we can explore the films used and the development process. I may initially lean on some photos that I have already taken due to time and budget constraints but will attempt to keep those limited to travel photos to keep things interesting.

What is going to make this interesting and a little different for you and fun and educational for me is that I am an amateur photographer. I'm not an expert in anything to do with photography. I do have some cool equipment, some of the cameras will be featured right here today and over the next few posts, I will introduce you to all of them. As I play with them I will be learning along with you, and making all the mistakes that come with learning. Hopefully, this will lessen your pain when it comes to learning photography.


As promised, some of the collection. This Pentax ME Super was the first film camera that I purchased when I became disgruntled with my DSLR that repeatedly let me down. The DSLR was not great at motion or low light, admittedly it could be me and not the camera. But this little 35mm gave me the consistent results that I was looking for and started what looks like a film addiction.











This Etyud is a medium format Soviet era toy camera. Yet it still works and although the picture quality has not been stellar so far it functions and has just enough adjustment to make it versatile. An added plus is that it is a conversation piece, take it out and someone is sure to ask about it.












The Pentax Auto 110 is an interchangeable lens 110 format, yes I said 110, SLR. This one will be fun to use. Very small and I'm thinking of street photography.















That is it for today but will have more in the near future! Any and all questions and comments welcomed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Collection 2.0

Cameras Finale